Forgot password? Reset here
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This site is provided and supported by Cohesive Logic Ltd for Kepple Lane Pharmacy t/a Garstang Medical Services Ltd.
Cohesive Logic Ltd is a data processor for Kepple Lane Pharmacy is your data controller and both the data processor and the data controller takes your privacy very seriously.
What Data do we collect?
When you use our website or services we may collect from you (the user) data including:
- Contact details such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Medical information such as your GP, medical history, medication history, gender, NHS number, and date of birth.
- Information that you provide by filling any of the forms on this website.
- Information you provide when you report a problem or query.
- Payment details for any private services.
How we use your data?
We only ever use your data in the provision of:
- Providing you with NHS or private services that we offer that you have requested.
- Processing your EPS nominations and repeat prescription requests. This will involve sending your request to your GP surgery with your personal details.
- Sending you alerts about booked services such as vaccinations or other private services.
- Responding to your requests and queries.
- Processing your payments for products and services
- Creating and maintaining your account.
- Reviewing and enhancing the quality of our services and products.
- Assisting in the detection of fraud.
Why do we collect, process, and store your data?
We use your data for:
- Your care - providing pharmacy or private services and care to you as appropriate, including sharing information with your GP if necessary and others in the wider NHS. In addition we also share data with other healthcare providers with the provision of items where we functions as an agent.
- Our payment - sharing your information with the NHS Business Services Authority, others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities, and only limited information to those external to the NHS who negotiate and check the accuracy of our payments, including PharmOutcomes for the payment of enhanced pharmacy services such as Smoking Cessation services, NHS Health Checks, Flu Vaccinations and Emergency Hormonal Contraception.
- Management - sharing only limited information with the NHS business Services Authority and other in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities; as well as those external to the NHS who ensure we maintain appropriate professional and service standards and that your declarations and ours are accurate. You may apply to have your information exempt from parts of this status by applying to the NHS national data opt-out website.
What is our legal basis for processing your data?
We rely on the following legal bases to process your information in line with legal requirements:
- Consent - When you register on our website, you agree and give us consent to process your data for the delivery of products and services to you by us.
- Legitimate interests - To enable us to conduct our necessary business but not when our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Allowing us to fulfill a contract - We are required to process your personal information in order to provide you with one of our products or services.
- Vital interests - When processing your personal data is vital to protect your or someone else’s life.
- Legal obligation - When we are required by law to process your personal information. We will always try to contact you unless we are restricted by law.
How long do we hold your data?
We may hold your data for as long as it's legally required or as mandated by the NHS codes and practices and to enable us to maintain your account. Users can request to delete their personal data from our system.
Where is the user data stored and who has access?
The user data is saved on secured dedicated servers in the United Kingdom. With industry-level security and firewalls to stop any external threats from accessing information. The information is accessed by us and our IT services providers (Tech Developer Ltd) in European Economic Area (EEA) and outside of EEA, to ensure that the website runs smoothly and to carry out administrative tasks. To provide certain services, such as repeat prescription requests and EPS nomination, we will need to share your personal details with your GP surgery and the wider NHS. By using this website and our services, you agree to the collection, storing, and processing of your personal data by us in accordance with details set out above. Also, we may host carefully selected third-party service providers on our websites, such as vaccination booking providers. If you decided to use this service, your personal data will be shared with them to enable them to provide you with the service.
How do we protect your data?
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We do not store any credit or debit card information. Payments are processed via a third-party payment provider that is fully compliant with Level 1 Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. We follow generally accepted standards to protect your personal information submitted to us.
Under no circumstances will we make your personal data available to a third party for sale. Your data is used to provide products and services to you only.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect your personal information submitted to us. Due to the nature of digital information transmission, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please Contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object to where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
As a pharmacy, we are responsible for the confidentiality of your information. You may object to us holding your information. You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Please ask if you want more information.
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. We may also request that You provide detailed requests of any kind relating to you data rights in writing. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
Our data protection officer is contactable at Kepple Lane Pharmacy, Kepple Lane, Garstang, PR3 1PB or by calling 01995 607399
- By visiting this page on our website: tbc
- By sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org